Highland Lake Grange No. 87 Patrons of Husbandry, of Westbrook, Maine, is proud to announce that Mrs. Ann Brown will be the recipient of its 2014 Community Citizen Award.
Ann will be recognized for her tireless efforts on behalf of the community at a special meeting to be held Thursday, May 8th at 7PM at Highland Lake Grange, 9 Hardy Road in Westbrook. (corner of Route 302 and Hardy Road). Following the presentation of Ann’s award, several Grange members will be presented special certificates recognizing their long-term membership in Highland Lake Grange.
All are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Refreshments and fellowship will follow the special meeting.
For more information, contact David Gowen, Master at 854-5753 or gowenfrmgwinet (gowenfrmgwinet)
Brief Biography of Ann Brown
Ann was born in Newville, PA in 1970 to Fred & Joann Zeigler. She met her husband Jake in 1988 and they were married November 30, 1991, then they moved to Texas. Ann & Jake moved to Westbrook in 1995, and eventually built their current home on Rosewood Drive in 1999. They have three children, Stephanie, Darren and Kari. Ann has worked as a medical/surgical nurse and is currently employed as the school nurse at Canal School in Westbrook.
Ann’s commitment to community service activities is never-ending. Not only does she participate, she often steps up to leadership positions – usually holding down leadership positions in more than a few organizations all at the same time! Following is a list of her many community activities:
- First Lutheran Church (Portland) – Sunday School Teacher for 16 years
- Vacation Bible School Leader – 6 years
- Church Childrens’ Music Director – 2 years
- Church confirmation guide – 2 years
- Girl Scout leader – 11 years
- Cub Scout Den Leader – 5 years
- Boy Scout Troop 83 Committee Chair – 3 years
- Boy Scout merit badge councilor
- President, Westbrook Food Pantry – 4 years
- President, Prides Corner/Congin PTO – 2 years (5 years total service)
- Westbrook Music Boosters director – 4 years
- Vice President, Westbrook Soccer Boosters – 1 year
- Westbrook SEALS Swim Club – meet director for 4 years; vice president and president
- Swim lesson leader – 2 years
- President, Westbrook HS Swim Team Boosters
- President, Westbrook HS Drama Booster – 2 years