This page is constantly undergoing revision… you’ll find available documents, books, and program information listed alphabetically by committee or office… if you are looking for a document, this is the place to start. We’ll be consolidating and trying to make this very user-friendly. Also, note that program books, contest information and forms are being replaced as received–there will be lots of changes during the month of October.
Note that information regarding conferences is quickly located on the Conferences Page.
Karen Gagne, Director
- 2016-2017 Agriculture Annual Report report of activities and accomplishments of the Ag Director.
- MSG Guidelines for Educational Grange Fair Exhibits (2017) These are the new guidelines for Educational Fair Exhibits
- MSG Fair Judges Sheet (2017) This is the sheet used by those judging Educational Grange Fair Exhibits
- MSG Agricultural Committee Minutes 2-07-2017 Minutes of February Meeting.
- MSG Agricultural Committee Minutes 12-08-2016 Minutes of December Meeting and Agenda for February Meeting.
- 2017 Agricultural Scholarship Rules and Application (Information, rules, application–Deadline for 2017 is April 28, 2017. Winners will be notified by June 1, 2017.)
- 2017 Grange Farm Family Award Rules and Application (Information, rules, application for the Grange Farm-Family Award.)
- Fair Exhibit Information 2014 (Information includes suggestions and scoring sheet and is current through 2017.)
- Piscataquis Pomona Fair Judging Info Packet (Information is specific to Piscataquis Valley Fair. For information about exhibiting, please contact Bill Bemis, Piscataquis Pomona Master.)
Agricultural Education Committee
Chairperson to be announced
- Maine Senators List is a list of all Maine Senators with complete contact information for those who wish to lobby or discuss agricultural issues.
- Fact Sheet on LD 725 — This short document will help folks understand the bill–and how to testify at a Public Hearing.
- 2016 Halcyon Grange Resolution Resolution requiring advocacy for Small-Scale, Ecological Farms & the Growth of the Grange.
- 2015 Halcyon Grange Resolution Resolution regarding community-based food production.
Walter Boomsma, Director
- 2016-2017 Communications Annual Report report of activities and accomplishments of the Communications Director.
- Subscriptions to the Maine State Grange Website is a one-page illustrated document that will help you take advantage of our new subscription service–and discontinue the old! There’s also a more simple version–great for your bulletin board and first-time subscribers: Website Flyer
- MSG Website Handbook-2016-17 includes instructions for using different features on the site and our website policy.
- MSG Communications Handbook 2016-17 includes information that will help you communicate, publicize, and advertise your Grange.
- Communications Annual Report 2015-2016 includes some accomplishments and activities by your Communications Director during the Grange Year 2015-2016.
- ODD (Officers, Directors, Deputies) Directory is a one-page (two-sided) handy-dandy directory of officers, directors, and deputies with phone numbers and email addresses compiled by the Communications Department and updated November 2016.
- Opening and Closing Ritual, alternate is an outline and instructions for conducting what we typically call an “open meeting.”
- ODD Information 2015-16 — a short handout prepared for the December 2015 Deputy and Officer’s Meeting. Should be of interest to everyone!
- Certificate of Appreciation This is a very basic, letter sized certificate that can be printed and filled out by hand on short notice. It can be used to communicate appreciation to guest speakers, folks who donate or in some way “contribute” to your Grange.
- Grange Position Descriptions lists Grange Offices and some of the most common committees and appointments with a very brief description of their purposes and responsibilities.
- 2017 Directory of Granges is a handy-dandy directory of Granges located in Maine as of the 2017 Roster–set up for two-sided printing.
- Maine State Grange Bulletin Policy explains what we seek for content and how to submit articles and information.
- National Grange Public Awareness Guide (a bit dated but the basics are excellent and will help you consider how to create good public awareness by communication.)
- National Grange Community Program Guide (a bit dated but covers the basics of developing and effectively communicating your Grange’s community programs.)
Beyond the Grange…
- Here’s a link to the NPR (National Public Radio) Training website. “We created this site for the journalists working in public media, but kept it open for all to learn from. In this constantly changing media world…” While this may seem a bit “over the top” for the average Granger working on communications and publicity, there’s some “good stuff” here like “A Guide to Making Awesome Photos…” ideas about headlines and social media..
Maine State Grange Bulletins–note these require legal size paper for printing. The most recent issue is at the top of the list. Contributions must be received by the 15th of the month and the Bulletin is released by the Communications Department within a day or two of that deadline.
- MSG Bulletin October 2017
- MSG Bulletin September 2017
- MSG Bulletin August 2017
- MSG Bulletin July 2017
- MSG Bulletin June 2017
- MSG Bulletin May 2017
- MSG Bulletin April 2017
- MSG Bulletin March 2017
- MSG Bulletin February 2017
- MSG Bulletin January 2017
- MSG Bulletin December 2016
- MSG Bulletin November 2016
- MSG Bulletin October 2016
Community Service – Family Health and Hearing
Christine Corliss, Director
- 2016-17 Community Service Annual Report — report of activities and accomplishments. (Includes Family Health and Hearing.)
- WISH-LIST 10-17 is a list (updated monthly) of volunteer opportunities and needs published by the Department of Veterans Affairs
- 2016-2017 Community Service-FHH Information Packet contains all of the forms and information relative to these committees for 2016-2017. Some of the forms are also listed separately for your convenience.
- CS Mug Flyer Gives information and an order form so you can order Community Service Mugs.
- BBCH Wish List and Donation Form This is a list of the items being sought by the Barbara Bush Childrens’ Hospital.
- 2017-8 EMS-Educator of the Year Nomination is the form you will use to nominate someone as the police, firefighter/EMT or educator of the year
- 2017-8 Community Service Activity Report is the form you will use to report your Grange’s community service activities.
- 2017-8 Community Service Notebook Directions provides instructions on how to assemble your annual community service notebook.
- 2017-8 FHH Contest Directions this includes information about the annual Family Health and Hearing Contest.
- 2017-8 FHH Contest Entry Form use this form to report your Family Health and Hearing activities and enter the contest.
Karen Flagg, Director
- 2017 Quilt Block Contest Information — Pattern, instructions, contest rules and submission form!
- 2016-2017 CWA Program Book — This is the annual book listing contests, recipes, etc. and the report and contest entry forms.
- Grange Emblem Table Scarf — With thanks to Steve Haycock and Norma Meserve, we have a pattern for a table scarf bearing the Grange Logo.
Educational Aid/Howes Nurse Scholarship
Gerald Libby, Chairman
- Education Aid Application 2015 (Application can be used for either scholarship. Note Ag Scholarship forms are listed in the Agriculture Section.)
Steven Haycock, Chairman
- 2016-2017 Fundraising Annual Report is the report of activities and accomplishments of the Fundraising Committee for the previous Grange year.
Stanley Howe, Historian
- 2015 – 2106 Annual Report of State Historian
- Grange Issue of the Courier Newsletter The Courier is the History Journal of the Bethel Historical Society and this particular issue (Vol. 34, No. 1 2010) is all about the Grange! Have you wondered how CWA started and what it was originally called? Did you know that the earliest appearance of the Grange in Maine actually predated the founding of the first subordinate Grange? Have you ever wondered who was the first woman master of a subordinate grange? You’ll find the answers–and a whole lot more–in this newsletter.
Christine Hebert, Director
- MSG Junior Program 2017-2018 –information regarding events and contests during the year.
- 2016-2017 Junior Annual Report –report of activities and accomplishments
- Junior Grange Camp Packet 2017 — all the information you will need to register for Junior Camp… note deadline for registration is May 20, 2017.
- 2016 – 2107 Junior Grange Program Book
- Junior Grange Application Application for Junior Grange membership in Maine.
- Junior Parent Flyer
- Merit Badge Manual 2014 – Level 1
- Merit Badge Manual 2014 – Level 2
- Memorial Brick Brochure Information regarding ordering bricks for the Memorial Garden at State Headquarters.
Margaret Morse, Lecturer
- 2016-2017 Lecturer’s Annual Report — report of activities and accomplishments
- July – September Lecturers’ Newsletter includes lots of program helps and information about contests and the Lecturers’ Conference.
- April 2017 Lecturer’s Program Helps a five-page newsletter-type document with lots of program helps for lecturers.
- Lecturer’s Program 2016 – 2017 summarizes contest rules and provides dates for various lecturer activities and conferences throughout the year.
- Lecturer Newsletter 1st Qtr 2017 contains lots of assorted information for lecturers–most of whom should have received a copy by snail mail.
- Guide to Lecturer Basics this booklet of tips and tactics for lecturers was reprinted in 2016 from an earlier version created by Rick Grotton when he was MSG Lecturer. Very helpful ideas for newly elected lecturers!
- National Grange Lecturer’s Resources includes the “Lecturer’s Programs in a Box.”
James Annis, Director
- 2016-2017 Legislative Annual Report — report of activities and accomplishments
- Fact Sheet on LD 725 — Developed by Heather Retberg, this short document will help folks understand the bill–and how to testify at a Public Hearing.
- 2016 Halcyon Grange Resolution Advocacy for Small-Scale, Ecological Farms & the Growth of the Grange.
- 2015 Halcyon Grange Resolution Community-based food production.
- Legislative Policy Manual 2015-16 — This manual reflects the Maine State Grange’s position on a number of legislative issues based on resolutions passed.
- Legislative Resolutions Passed 2015 — a list of resolutions adopted at the 2015 State Convention. These will be incorporated into the Legislative Policy Manual.
- Resolution Writing by National Grange 2017 — This describes the process and form for writing resolutions.
- So you want to write a resolution — additional information about writing resolutions.
- Grange Membership Brochure (full color, includes application–developed by National Grange)
- 2011 Subordinate Grange Application (black and white, application only)
- 2011 Pomona Grange Application (black and white, application only)
- Grange Hall Insurance — A list of insurance companies and agencies who may be able to assist with insuring Grange Halls.
- Grange Halls for Sale — A list of vacant Grange Halls currently available for purchase.
- Officer List Form Blank form that can be used to help Installation Teams when multiple Granges are being installed at the same time.
- Grange & Nonprofit Status We occasionally get questions regarding Granges becoming 501(c)3 non-profit exempt. Here’s a brief summary.
- Maine State Grange Bylaws 2015
National Grange Information
Note that there are only a few select items listed here for your convenience. There are many additional resources, forms, etc. available direct from the National Grange Website.
- The Patrons Chain Newsletter–Read the current and back issues on the National Grange website.
- Grange Legacy Family Form–This is the application for recognition of multi-generation Grange Families. Deadline for application is October 5, 2017.
- 2017 National Grange Ad Rate Sheet–information and rates to advertise in the Good Day! Magazine or on Grange Radio.
- 2017 National Grange Good Day! Subscription Order Form–information and form for subscribing to the Good Day! Magazine.
- 2017 National Grange Profile Form–form for providing National Grange with information about your Grange.
- 2017 National Grange Sesquicentennial Member Census–for providing National Grange with your individual information and opinions.
- 2017 National Grange Youth T-shirt Order Form–order form for T-shirts developed by the National Grange Youth Committee.
- How to use hashtags–For those who wonder what those #’s you’re seeing all over the Internet mean. (Hint, they are not Grange numbers!)
- I’m a DO-er Program Description–This is a complete description of the “DO-er” Program announced in conjunction with Grange Month, but running all year long.
- 2017 Distinguished Grange–A summary of the Distinguished Grange Program with links to materials and information. Deadline for submitting applications is August 31, 2017.
- NG 100 Ways to Recruit New Members This is a two-page list of 100 ideas for recruiting members–quite handy!
- Make it a Good Day Flyer includes the subscription form for the National Grange Magazine being introduced in February 2017. Print a copy and post on your bulletin board!
Sharon Morton, Secretary
- Journal of Proceedings – 2016 Convention–The “minutes” (including reports, financials, etc.) of the October 2016 Maine State Grange Convention.
- Roster Order Form— There are a limited number of 2017 Rosters available–use this order form. Please note these are only sold to Grange members.
- Pomona Grange Application–Two on a page, application for membership in Pomona.
- Reinstatement Applications–one for Subordinate and one for Pomona Grange.
- Meeting Record Form provides the layout for keeping meeting minutes with everything in the right order! Make a copy for your Master he or she can use it as an agenda!
- Quarterly Membership Report is the form used to report membership gains and losses.
- Membership Recognition Order Form will provide a page of information as well as an order form so you can order membership recognition materials. Note that checks are payable to National Grange but the order must be sent to Maine State Grange for verification. The one exception to this is the Silver Star Certificate, so follow the instructions carefully!
- 4thDermitCard… note that it requires two-sided printing. Thanks to Laurie McBurnie for helping us find this!
Walter Boomsma, Webmaster
See also Communications Section
- Maine State Grange Website Handbook includes instructions on how to use different features, site policy, etc. (Updated for 2016-2017)
Terry LaCombe, Director
- Grange Youth 2017 Handbook This is the National Grange Handbook–be prepared if you decide to print, it’s over 60 pages long!