There will be NO Talent Contest in April. It will be in August at the Maine Lect. Conference. All are welcome.
APRIL IS GRANGE MONTH!!! Order your Community Service Awards from National Grange! Get Certificates of Appreciation from me or state office.
July 10 Registration Deadline. North East Lecturers Conference (Information comes out in May and is sent to the Grange Secretary.) (Send form & conference fee $195 double/$205 single to host state) (Send registration card & $10.00 fee to State Lect.)
July 19-21– Family Campout Weekend Silver Springs Campground & Lodging, Rt 1 Saco Saturday Judging Junior & other crafts at camp-out-Horseshoes & Bochee Ball Tournament Group potluck & ice cream social. Call campground for reservations – 207-283-3880
July 21–Rehearsal for NE Lect Conference 2:00 at HQ
Aug 5 – 7– NE Lecturers Conference at Albertus Magnus College in New Haven, CT (3 day)
Aug 24–Maine Lecturers Conference 9:00 to Noon at HQ 9:00 - New Program Review, workshops and ALL awards at 10:30, Skit & Story Performances, State Talent Contest; 2x2x2 (lect dept.) Contest at Conf. entries deadline 10:00 a.m.
Lunch served by CWA at 12:00
CWA Conference & Display of Needlework 1:00 p.m.
POETRY CONTEST JULY 1 Deadline Date sent to Lect. home
AGE GROUPS: All Subordinate Members; And Juniors 5–9 , 10–14 (Age as of Jan 1)
CATEGORIES: 1. NATURE 2. LOVE 3. GRANGE 4. PATRIOTIC 5. OTHERS
Three (3) prizes will be awarded in each category to each age group. Awards will be given Aug 24th at the Maine Lecturers’ Conference. (No monetary awards.)
- The poem(s) must be written by a Grange member.
- There is no restriction on length of poem.
- Entries are to be sent, e-mailed or faxed to the State Lecturer’s home address by July 1, 2013.
- There is no limit on number of poems submitted, however, you can receive only one ribbon/prize per category.
- YOU MUST SELECT A CATEGORY FOR EACH OF YOUR ENTRIES.
- ut your title, name and all the following information at the TOP of EACH poem: TITLE OF POEM; CATEGORY; NAME / AUTHOR; ADDRESS; GRANGE NAME & NO.; PHONE. AGE OF JUNIOR (as of Jan 1 of current year).