The National Grange Communications Department seeks to gather information to create a “Recipes for Success in the Grange: A Resource Guide” 3-ring style notebook that includes information on proven lecturer’s programs, membership recruitment efforts, fundraising, advocacy, media attention and other efforts.
We hope to produce this volume by the 2013 convention and have it available as a resource for every Grange at every level. Grantham Grange in NC is the only Grange thus far to submit a “recipe” but we hope to have at least a dozen in each category before SEPTEMBER 15, 2013!
Please identify successful programs that can be submitted for inclusion. The department is happy to answer questions or assist in the production of recipes. Please send any concerns or questions to Communications Director Amanda Leigh Brozana at abrozananationalgrangeorg (abrozananationalgrangeorg) .
These will be written as recipes, as the name of the book implies.
- Each recipes should consist of at least the following:
Name of Project
- Type of Project (fundraiser; advocacy effort; membership effort, etc.)
- Grange Name, State, Number
- Submitted By
- # of People: (a range is fine)
- $ Required: (again, a range is fine)
- Other Resources Required (Ingredients):
- Time Required:
- Skills Necessary:
- Mix: (This should be about 200-500 words and tell – as a recipe does – the steps of the process from brainstorming to completion)
- Notes/Hints: (here is where you can put information like “if you try this project, it may be best to invite a State Deputy” or “You may have to learn about different types of insurance in your area for such an event” or whatever)
I look forward to beginning to gather these. I hope to have several from every state. I believe there is something positive happening in every Grange across our country and it’s time to showcase our efforts!
Please send all submissions to abrozananationalgrangeorg (abrozananationalgrangeorg) . Submissions can come with digital photos (in fact, we encourage it) or links to websites that showcase the Grange in action. ALSO: If you are citing a fundraiser by an outside company/vendor, please include their website.
Again, if you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to email them to our Department.
Amanda Leigh Brozana